Seriously No Politics ×

Is wealth a sin?

Mola Ram Suda Ram

Justice entails only giving people what they earn, no more no less. And if they don't work well, they earn less. That is just.

... says you, who advocates using money as the standard of measurement of reward for how well someone has worked.

Someday it would be nice if you would pick up on the idea that not all people who work well get paid well for work that is well done.

Mercy is never expected, as such, its value is for the humble alone.

Everyone should expect mercy from everyoen else because God has commanded everyone to be merciful, and forgiving, and kind, and charitable, and all kinds of other good things, even if someone else doesn't "deserve" it.

Those who don't show they are good are the ones who get or are going to be getting in trouble, FYI.

I said I PLEAD for mercy for all, when my plead for justice for all doesn't work.

Either way, how can you plead for mercy if justice fails. Mercy can only be given in for the demands of justice.

Ahab:

Having worked closely with judges. I can say that justice without the tempering of mercy is just ice, Cold, Hard, and Indifferent.

Then God must be "ice, Cold, Hard, and Indifferent" for he requires justice and only people that meet the criteria for salvation will get it. THere are those that will not recieve any portion of salvation and will receive of outer darkness. I see that as recieving no mercy.

Oh brother. This is flawed on so many levels. If poor people (or any other kind of people) give their money to some one else for a good or service, then it is no longer theirs and it in no way can be claimed to "belong to them". It can't be called the right thing to do, that would be stealing some one elses money. Which is the wrong thing to do.

I think it might help if you understood that my comment was made from the standpoint that nobody deserves money more than the poor people, because they are the people in need, financially. The (financially) rich don't need money, because they already have it, so when the rich get any money they should be giving it to the poor people until there are no more rich/poor distinctions in society, with everyone having as much as everyone else.

I think it might help if you understood that my comment was made from the standpoint that nobody deserves money more than the poor people, because they are the people in need, financially. The (financially) rich don't need money, because they already have it, so when the rich get any money they should be giving it to the poor people until there are no more rich/poor distinctions in society, with everyone having as much as everyone else.

In our current form of the way things work this just does not work. It only works when people are willing give it of their own free will. No amount of social justice will change that. Social justice is the idea that the government will take it from the rich and give it to the poor because rich people are just gready and we need to make every one equal and have equal stuff. That is stealing no matter who does it. At least that seems to be the goal of those that espouse the idea today.

Either way, how can you plead for mercy if justice fails. Mercy can only be given in for the demands of justice.

My plead for mercy comes after pleading that everyone receives justice, first, and then mercy,and to the people who are opposed to giving people what is only fair (or just) that they receive, I plead for mercy in behalf of those people who refuse to give either justice and mercy to others, because I think "I" would be "ice" if I simply pleaded that those who refuse to give either justice or mercy simply recieve justice, with no mercy, as their rewards.

It's God's job to determine what people "should' receive, and as part of my job to forgive everyone, I plead that everyone also forgive everyone else, while still holding God up as the ultimate judge of us all.

Btw, that was my 888th post, which I think is a good post to end on. Goodbye all.

It's God's job to determine what people "should' receive,....

Then why do you keep telling us all what the (allegedly) rich "should" be doing with their money and what the (allegedly) poor "should" receive?

Jeff K., on 30 July 2010 - 11:28 AM, said:

Justice entails only giving people what they earn, no more no less. And if they don't work well, they earn less. That is just.

... says you, who advocates using money as the standard of measurement of reward for how well someone has worked.

Someday it would be nice if you would pick up on the idea that not all people who work well get paid well for work that is well done.

But you see, I don't measure everythign by money. Everyone else does (including you). You want more money because you measure your own work as being worth more than others have judged its value or quality or uniqueness.

Interesting, though. An experiment: You are salaried, put in many hours of overtime. A substantial bonus for your work or a hearty slap on the back, good going. :P

Its fun to see peoples reactions when the rubber hits the road.

You seem to know a lot about some things, mercyngrace, but I think you can still benefit from learning more about mercy and grace.

Ahab,

I have it on the highest authority that you have wrongly judged me. Because I do understand mercy and grace however, I will not be your accuser. Don't worry about showing an increase of love, your words were not motivated by the Holy Ghost, and I do not hold them against you, anyway. I forgave you before you uttered them.

MnG

Ahab,

I have it on the highest authority that you have wrongly judged me. Because I do understand mercy and grace however, I will not be your accuser. Don't worry about showing an increase of love, your words were not motivated by the Holy Ghost, and I do not hold them against you, anyway. I forgave you before you uttered them.

MnG

You are far more gracious than I.

Archived