• Announcements

• Nemesis

Contact Us Broken   09/27/2016

Users, It has come to our attention that the contact us feature on the site is broken.  Please do not use this feature to contact board admins.  Please go through normal channels.  If you are ignored there then assume your request was denied. Also if you try to email us that email address is pretty much ignored.  Also don't contact us to complain, ask for favors, donations, or any other thing that you may think would annoy us.  Nemesis

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paulpatter

Brigham Young "Transformed" Into Joseph Smith

86 posts in this topic

Get a grip on this. As the example set by Jesus Christ himself. Christ came back in spirit and flesh and bone to the disciples. If Christ has demonstrated this then why on earth would Joseph Smith need Brigham Young's body? That's why I don't believe in mediums.

Get a grip on this. As the example set by Jesus Christ himself. Christ came back in spirit and flesh and bone to the disciples. If Christ has demonstrated this then why on earth would Joseph Smith need Brigham Young's body? That's why I don't believe in mediums.

Because spirits aren't visible so they use mediums. However, the countenance change part is baffling. I think this story needs a lot more details and you'd think that JS would have said something about where he was and what it was like to cross over, etc. The story seems to imply that JS took over BY's body momentarily and that BY's countenance changed. If this truly happened, this is something very significant.

I know you believe in mediums OB, but I don't. Spirits of the Lord don't need human help. We are talking about a doctrine where the Godhead are the creator of the entire Universe who organized matter and we were there to witness it. He does not need a puny human do act as a vassal to do his bidding. Jesus himself is proof of showing up as spirit and flesh and bones. We are talking about the same HF who can take all those mortal bodies cremated and returned to flesh and bones after the resurrection. If he's allowing a spirit, prophet, angel, etc... to return to deliver a message he does not need one of us. Evident by how he actually yanked Moses around himself to see all things.

It just dumbfounds me how small some think of HF is percieved.

Yesterday in priesthood meeting, we had the last lesson in the manual Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith. I was interested to observe that the lesson, Chapter 47, begins with a retelling of the incident in Nauvoo where Brigham Young seemed to many to take on the voice and visage of Joseph Smith. Here's a quote:

From the Life of Joseph Smith

Following the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum, the members of the Quorum of the Twelve who had been on missionary journeys in the United States returned as quickly as possible to Nauvoo. The members of the Twelve called a meeting of the Saints for August 8, 1844, at which Brigham Young, the President of the Quorum of the Twelve, spoke. As he did so, an extraordinary event occurred that was witnessed by many Saints. President Young was miraculously made to appear and sound like Joseph Smith.

Yesterday in priesthood meeting, we had the last lesson in the manual Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith. I was interested to observe that the lesson, Chapter 47, begins with a retelling of the incident in Nauvoo where Brigham Young seemed to many to take on the voice and visage of Joseph Smith. Here's a quote:

This manual, of course, was introduced to us barely two years ago. So, whatever one may think of this well-attested incident in Church history, its inclusion in this lesson manual is proof that it is still part of the authoritative curriculum of the Church.

<bump>

Well if it was David Icke witnessing. BY turned into the Reptilian King JS.

I know you believe in mediums OB, but I don't. Spirits of the Lord don't need human help. We are talking about a doctrine where the Godhead are the creator of the entire Universe who organized matter and we were there to witness it. He does not need a puny human do act as a vassal to do his bidding. Jesus himself is proof of showing up as spirit and flesh and bones. We are talking about the same HF who can take all those mortal bodies cremated and returned to flesh and bones after the resurrection. If he's allowing a spirit, prophet, angel, etc... to return to deliver a message he does not need one of us. Evident by how he actually yanked Moses around himself to see all things.

It just dumbfounds me how small some think of HF is percieved.

Yes, I DO believe in mediums because I have seen it in action. I can't deny what I've seen with my own eyes. Have you ever seen one? If you haven't, then your disbelief is unsubstantiated. Look at all the instances in both the Book of Mormon and the Bible about people being "possessed by a lying spirit" or "spirits being cast out by Jesus Himself" - Where were those spirits? Inside living human bodies. As far as mediums, well, look at the story of Brigham Young/Joseph Smith. Possible? Sure. That would have made Brigham Young a "temporary" medium. God works in mysterious ways and His ways are not our ways or our logic.

I used to be a skinny guy, but I have miraculously transformed into a fat guy. However, this transfomation took about 10 years and numerous visits to Burger King. I have the pictures to prove it. wink.gif

I used to be a skinny guy, but I have miraculously transformed into a fat guy. However, this transfomation took about 10 years and numerous visits to Burger King. I have the pictures to prove it. wink.gif

Wow, you too had that religious experience!

Yes, I DO believe in mediums because I have seen it in action. I can't deny what I've seen with my own eyes. Have you ever seen one? If you haven't, then your disbelief is unsubstantiated. Look at all the instances in both the Book of Mormon and the Bible about people being "possessed by a lying spirit" or "spirits being cast out by Jesus Himself" - Where were those spirits? Inside living human bodies. As far as mediums, well, look at the story of Brigham Young/Joseph Smith. Possible? Sure. That would have made Brigham Young a "temporary" medium. God works in mysterious ways and His ways are not our ways or our logic.

Yeah well Sylvia Brown disciples told myself and my wife (before we were married)that we would not ever be together in the future from her dead mother. 26 years later and married for eternity we are still together.

We have much testimony from locals who maintain they have been physically visited by their deceased relatives, and had bodies of flesh and bones when appearing. They did not need a medium.