Seriously No Politics ×

What must I do to be saved?

mrmendoza

AMEN!

Just as I said... salvation = grace THROUGH faith FOR works

Grace ALONE saved no one

Faith ALONE saved no one

Works ALONE saved no one

It takes ALL three NONE of them being "ALONE".

As James said...

Can faith "ALONE" save? NO.

The process of Salvation is exactly like a fire triangle -for fire [salvation] to work it needs 3 elements #1- Oxygen [Grace] both are free, #2- fuel [Labors of Love - works] to keep the flame [temporal/spiritual ] going, #3 -Heat that keep one in comfort [ temporaly/spiritualy]

See - http://www.questford...lvationtriangle

If any of these temporal/spiritual elements is missing the Flame [temporal/spiritual] will not work/or go out.

In His Debt/Grace, Tanyan - LDS JEDI KNIGHT.

DLC still not getting it !, the works that we do are not to Save us on our own merits but to to show that we want to stay in the covenant of JESUS CHRIST's Blood Sacrifice for us by way of walking in the light [No OSAS] After we have made Jesus Christ The LORD Of Our Life. We need to be in partnership with Jesus Christ and make his Rightiousness OUR Rightiousness.

What verse in the Bible says that works show that we want to stay in the covanent? Where does staying in the covenant equal being saved found in the Bible?

Can you please read this passage and tell me what Jesus said about how we are saved and why a person would be judged. John 3:15-18, 36.

DLC

What verse in the Bible says that works show that we want to stay in the covanent? Where does staying in the covenant equal being saved found in the Bible?

Can you please read this passage and tell me what Jesus said about how we are saved and why a person would be judged. John 3:15-18, 36.

DLC

DLC Agape greetings to you !. #1 - We accept the New Covenant as stated in Heb 8:7-12 and want to stay in that New Covenant by way of 1 Jn 1:5-10 Walking in the light of His Grace. #2 - Staying in the Covenant equates to remaining in True Grace of THE LORD OF LIFE CHRIST JESUS yahoo.gif .John 3: 15 -18, 36 are awesome scriptures ! yahoo.gif ,John is talking about a present/future tense in the greek of Befief/Believing of staying in Grace , thanks for the reminder [ That is Great LDS Doctrine as found in the Bible !]. We will be judged on how we treated Jesus Christs Grace in our lives. No once saved always saved . Salvation maintenence is required to stay in Grace.

DLC Agape greetings to you !. #1 - We accept the New Covenant as stated in Heb 8:7-12 and want to stay in that New Covenant by way of 1 Jn 1:5-10 Walking in the light of His Grace. #2 - Staying in the Covenant equates to remaining in True Grace of THE LORD OF LIFE CHRIST JESUS yahoo.gif .John 3: 15 -18, 36 are awesome scriptures ! yahoo.gif ,John is talking about a present/future tense in the greek of Befief/Believing of staying in Grace , thanks for the reminder [ That is Great LDS Doctrine as found in the Bible !]. We will be judged on how we treated Jesus Christs Grace in our lives. No once saved always saved . Salvation maintenence is required to stay in Grace.

AMEN!

To which the words of Paul agree...

2 Cor 13

1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

2 I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.

7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.

8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

9 For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection.

10 Therefore I write these things being absent, lest being present I should use sharpness, according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

12 Greet one another with an holy kiss.

13 All the saints salute you.

14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

My god is omniscient. He knows all things. So with thin mind I can clearly say that God know those who will accept His free gift of salvation. Not everyone will go to heaven when they die. There is a place in Hell the lake of fire for those who do not believe and for those who do believe heaven is their permanent home.

Rom 8:30

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

KJV

Here it says God predestinates those who are called to salvation. Predestination ONLY applies to the saved. Those who are called, and we do not know who is called untill after they are are saved by faith in Christ are justified by God. If person is called he will place his faith in christ. That is the only way we can know who is called. Those who are saved God will justify them through Christ, 2 Cor. 5:21. We do not justify ourselves by our good works. God does the justifying when He sees faith in the believer. Notice that God also glorifies the believer. In other wards God sees the saved believer as already seated in heaven when he is saved by faith in Christ and justified by God. Justification means to declare rightous. God declares righteous the sinner upon his faith in Christ Romans 5:1.

Since all these things are true then the believer has eternal security. Sin for the believer breaks fellowship with God never breaks his salvation. 1 John 1:8-10.

the gospel is found in John 3:15-18, 36. Here Jesus says faith saves and ubelief condemns it is just that simply. Please do not mess things us with a set of works for people to do hoping to obetain heaven. Faith saves and unbelief condemns. Read Acts 16:31 and do what it says to do and you will be saved.

D

Since all these things are true then the believer has eternal security. Sin for the believer breaks fellowship with God never breaks his salvation. 1 John 1:8-10.

If that is true how do you explain the following:
(2 Peter 2:20-22) "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire."
Are these mentioned here still saved?

My god is omniscient. He knows all things.

You've said on several occassions that Jesus is your God... yet not even he knows the date of his return.

Matt 24

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

How can an omniscient God not know something?

If that is true how do you explain the following:Are these mentioned here still saved?

Who are the "they" mentioned in the text. Context will answer your question. Temporary reformation without true repentance and ribirth by faith alone in Christ only leads to greater sin and judgment. Sinful tendencies do not disappear when a person reforms; they merely hide and get stronger. Holiness in a Christians life is not simply refusal to do eveil things. Even unsaved people can practice self control. Believers are being warned about being caught up in a life of sin only to find out that there is even less pleasure in sin than before they were saved. This is context in which we find verse 20. the "they" refers to both false teachers and their victims both groups had available to them knowledge about Christ, which could produce liberty and salvation. But when that knowledge was rejected (Notice they were never saved but rejected saving faith in Christ.) their end was deeper corruption. Having Knowlwedge about Christ about how to be saved and rejecting that knowledge will bring greater judgment upon a person. These people refered to by "they" were never saved in the first place. They only had a head knowledge of the facts about Christ and rejected that knowledge. Peter is address false teachers and unsaved people who were just listners of the gospel and never made a true profession of faith 2 Peter 2:18.

Again, my comments from Romans 8:30 still stand as the Bible teaches God saves us and keeps us saved.

D

You've said on several occassions that Jesus is your God... yet not even he knows the date of his return.

Matt 24

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

How can an omniscient God not know something?

You must understand that this passage is dealing with Christ's humanity. In Jesus' incarnation He voluntarily accepted human limitations, including this one (Acts 1:7)in submission to the Father's will John 4:34. Phil 2:4-11

5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of JesusEVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus exercised His divine attribute only at the Father's bidding John 8:28-29. In his diety (Son of God) jesus knows the hour but in His humanity (Son of Man) He does not.

So my comments from Romans 8:30 are still true.

DLC

You must understand that this passage is dealing with Christ's humanity. In Jesus' incarnation He voluntarily accepted human limitations, including this one (Acts 1:7)in submission to the Father's will John 4:34. Phil 2:4-11

5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, 10 so that at the name of JesusEVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus exercised His divine attribute only at the Father's bidding John 8:28-29. In his diety (Son of God) jesus knows the hour but in His humanity (Son of Man) He does not.

So my comments from Romans 8:30 are still true.

DLC

I see nothing about "Jesus' humanity" alluded to in the verse. Especially... since the entire chapter is dedicated to events POST-Ressurection.

Who are the "they" mentioned in the text. Context will answer your question. Temporary reformation without true repentance and ribirth by faith alone in Christ only leads to greater sin and judgment. Sinful tendencies do not disappear when a person reforms; they merely hide and get stronger. Holiness in a Christians life is not simply refusal to do eveil things. Even unsaved people can practice self control. Believers are being warned about being caught up in a life of sin only to find out that there is even less pleasure in sin than before they were saved. This is context in which we find verse 20. the "they" refers to both false teachers and their victims both groups had available to them knowledge about Christ, which could produce liberty and salvation. But when that knowledge was rejected (Notice they were never saved but rejected saving faith in Christ.) their end was deeper corruption. Having Knowlwedge about Christ about how to be saved and rejecting that knowledge will bring greater judgment upon a person. These people refered to by "they" were never saved in the first place. They only had a head knowledge of the facts about Christ and rejected that knowledge. Peter is address false teachers and unsaved people who were just listners of the gospel and never made a true profession of faith 2 Peter 2:18.

Again, my comments from Romans 8:30 still stand as the Bible teaches God saves us and keeps us saved.

D

Hi DLClark/ Lewis Chafer/producer of G-d

Archived