Seriously No Politics ×

Do You Believe The â??biblical Accountâ?�?

Bill “Papa” Lee

This account (of Noahâ??s Ark) has been called into question many times here on this board, by those trying to make a point about lack of evidence in support â??Biblical Textâ?. This is usually done when others question the lack of floristic evidence in relation to the BoM. So, my questionâ?¦

Do you believe (on faith) the account of the â??Great Floodâ? and â??Noahâ??s Arkâ? as it is reported in the Bible?

I do

Do you believe (on faith) the account of the â??Great Floodâ? and â??Noahâ??s Arkâ? as it is reported in the Bible?

I do

Yes I do, absolutely without hesitation, and I also believe it to be a "worldwide flood" regardless of what some so-called scientists claim.

Here is where I waffle somewhat... I do believe in Noah and the ark... but I have difficulty believing that he was able to get two of every species of "animal"... for instance, those animals that we have today in other countries that were not found in his area... we're talking thousands of species, many never seen in his area. It doesn't mean it didn't happen... to me it means there's more to the account, more to the process of gathering. I trust that if God gives a commandment, there is a means by which it can be carried out. So, yes, I believe in the Noah story, but that it is not complete as recorded.

Garden Girl

Here is where I waffle somewhat... I do believe in Noah and the ark... but I have difficulty believing that he was able to get two of every species of "animal"... for instance, those animals that we have today in other countries that were not found in his area... we're talking thousands of species, many never seen in his area. It doesn't mean it didn't happen... to me it means there's more to the account, more to the process of gathering. I trust that if God gives a commandment, there is a means by which it can be carried out. So, yes, I believe in the Noah story, but that it is not complete as recorded.

Garden Girl

I agree with GG. I believe that noah and the ark existed and i believe in a world wide flood-but i don't believe the account in the bible is complete in it's explanation of how it all happened.

:P

Yes I do, absolutely without hesitation, and I also believe it to be a "worldwide flood" regardless of what some so-called scientists claim.

You know, you don't have to be a "so-called scientist" to realize just how illogical it is to believe that the entire Earth was covered with water and that some guy was able to build a ship to house two of every animal PLUS the food to feed two of every animal.

But I love how you so callously discount men and women who have devoted years of training and research as "so-called scientists".

This account (of Noahâ??s Ark) has been called into question many times here on this board, by those trying to make a point about lack of evidence in support â??Biblical Textâ?. This is usually done when others question the lack of floristic evidence in relation to the BoM. So, my questionâ?¦

I do

no. I believe it was local, The "entire" world was a lot smaller back then. Kind of like when the Romans conquered the "entire" world. It's all about perspective.

But I love how you so callously discount men and women who have devoted years of training and research as "so-called scientists".
No more than how some so callously discount men and women who have devoted years of service to the Lord and His Church.

Pa Pa:

"This account (of Noahâ??s Ark) has been called into question many times here on this board, by those trying to make a point about lack of evidence in support â??Biblical Textâ?. This is usually done when others question the lack of floristic evidence in relation to the BoM. So, my questionâ?¦

Do you believe (on faith) the account of the â??Great Floodâ? and â??Noahâ??s Arkâ? as it is reported in the Bible?"

Yes. But with the caveat that it was from Noah's perspective only.

I do

Yes I do, completely, globally and immersibly. (is that a word?)

No more than how some so callously discount men and women who have devoted years of service to the Lord and His Church.

Ahh, I see. So you are one of the "Well, everyone else does it, so I can do it too" camp? Nice.

Huh?

No one called those who dedicated years of service to the Lord "so called..."

But someone, namely you, did say "So called Scientitsts" therby disparaging scientitsts.

no. I believe it was local, The "entire" world was a lot smaller back then. Kind of like when the Romans conquered the "entire" world. It's all about perspective.

The world was smaller, but it was geologically smaller. The earth was divided 300 years after the flood, in the days of Peleg. The continents will return to their pre-divided state at the 2nd coming.

D&C 133:

22 And it shall be a voice as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder, which shall break down the mountains, and the valleys shall not be found.

23 He shall command the great deep, and it shall be driven back into the north countries, and the islands shall become one land;

24 And the aland of Jerusalem and the land of Zion shall be turned back into their own place, and the earth shall be like as it was in the days before it was ddivided.

I love it.

A worldwide did not happen. That is as certain as anything in geology.

The reasons are so numerous (and compelling) that only the most profoundly scientifically illiterate mind could fail notice some of them all on his or her own. Hint 1: Tree ring records go back more than 10,000 years, with no evidence of a catastrophe during that time.

Hint 2: Grand Canyon strata.

Hint: Not anough water and a flood that deep would cause pressure so fantastic that... (it's supposed to be a hint so I'll let you fill in the rest)

http://www.skepticreport.com/creationism/s...tm#WhattaDeluge

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

The Egyptian civilization was around at least 12,000 years ago and it seem no flood slowed them down. As far as I know, they didn't mention anything about a flood. Did God wrap the mummies in saran wrap to keep them bone dry for a year?

I love it.

The reasons are so numerous (and compelling) that only the most profoundly scientifically illiterate mind could fail notice some of them all on his or her own. Hint 1: Tree ring records go back more than 10,000 years, with no evidence of a catastrophe during that time.

Hint: Not anough water and a flood that deep would cause pressure so fantastic that... (it's supposed to be a hint so I'll let you fill in the rest)

The Egyptian civilization was around at least 12,000 years ago and it seem no flood slowed them down. As far as I know, they didn't mention anything about a flood. Did God wrap the mummies in saran wrap to keep them bone dry for a year?

I believe that to be "Arm of flesh" thinking. The scriptures are very clear that this was a global event.

Said the Lord, â??I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall dieâ? (Gen. 6:17); The phrases â??all flesh â?¦ from under heavenâ? and â??every thing that is in the earthâ? indicate a worldwide destruction of all creatures that lived on land.

Genesis 7:19â??20 states, â??All the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered â?¦ ; and the mountains were covered.â? These verses explicitly state that all of earthâ??s high mountains (â??hillsâ? should read â??mountainsâ? here; Hebrew harim) were covered by the waters.

Genesis 7:21 states, â??All flesh died that moved upon the earth, â?¦ every creeping thing â?¦ every man.â? The phrase â??all fleshâ? refers to all land animals, creeping things, and fowls and all of humanity, with the exception of those in the ark (see Gen. 7:23). Moses is clearly trying to let us understand that the Flood was universal.

Verse 22 states, â??All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.â? Again the term â??allâ? expresses a sum total. The term â??dry landâ? should be read literally here, having reference to the land masses of our planet.

Verse 23 states, â??Every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl.â? Mosesâ?? list of those destroyed by the Flood is inclusive; only Noah â??remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.â?

Genesis 8:5 states, â??In the tenth month â?¦ were the tops of the mountains seen.â? After the flood, the â??waters decreasedâ? until Noah and his group were able to once again see mountaintops.

Verse 9 states, â??The waters were on the face of the whole earth.â? The phrase â??on the face of the whole earthâ? refers to a worldwide flood (see Gen. 1:29; Gen. 11:4, 8, 9).

I love it.

You forgot Otzi.

I believe that to be "Arm of flesh" thinking.

LOL

It's clear thinking as opposed to not thinking or magical thinking.

When I see this kind of response I just think we are all doomed.

Just look at this! All of this silliness and fact denial, all this anti-thinking, anti-science, and anti-rationality because of the Bible!

I am starting to think that the Bible is an extreme negative force in the world and just not worth the few gems of allegory or instructive parabol that may be there.

*sigh*

I do

I don't know what to make of it. I certainly don't believe in a world-wide flood, nor do I believe in the two-of-every-kind thing. I don't even know if a part of it is historical, so I can't say that it was simply local. I do believe the Bible to be the word of God.

Archived