Seriously No Politics ×

White-washed History And Full Disclosure?

wenglund

Is this not an personal attack?

I thought the mods frowned on that.

No, it was not. I did not accuse stoned of being a troll or of having problems with honesty or bad personal hygiene.

I answered her position and her assertions directly.

We could say much the same about your tenure here.
'Stoned' asserted that it was difficult to perceive divine motives in Joseph Smith's behavior. The same is true of her behavior here. It is difficult to detect any divine inspiration in her indefensible attacks against a revered Prophet and a man who isn't here to defend himself. 'Stoned' at least has the luxury of attempting to defend herself. Her target doesn't have that luxury.
And for all your posturing, your opinion does not dictate reality. Though I cheerfully admit there were exceptions to the rule, your statement, "While this view might be easer to accept, the reality is that polygamy, as practiced by the early leaders had nothing to do with caring for widows or women who lacked eternal companions." is not a defensible one.

This is also correct. The evidence does not support this biased and provocative assertion.

It is merely the point at which you got tired of thinking and declared the subject closed.

Unfortunately, you are neither God nor the weighty center of the universe, and as a result, your conclusions are not binding upon the rest of us, nor do they necessarily reflect "the way things really are."

While this may seem personal, it is a reminder that too many smug, self-righteous slanderers need to hear occasionally. <---- THAT was personal, don't take the bait.

Teancum this is the second time in a week you have derailed a thread with personal lectures. Stop trying to control how posters word their posts and if you think the poster violated board policy then use the post report like everybody else. Mods

Teancum this is the second time in a week you have derailed a thread with personal lectures. Stop trying to control how posters word their posts and if you think the poster violated board policy then use the post report like everybody else. Mods

Okie dokie!

My bad

No, it was not. I did not accuse stoned of being a troll or of having problems with honesty or bad personal hygiene.

I answered her position and her assertions directly.

'Stoned' asserted that it was difficult to perceive divine motives in Joseph Smith's behavior. The same is true of her behavior here. It is difficult to detect any divine inspiration in her indefensible attacks against a revered Prophet and a man who isn't here to defend himself. 'Stoned' at least has the luxury of attempting to defend herself. Her target doesn't have that luxury.

This is also correct. The evidence does not support this biased and provocative assertion.

While this may seem personal, it is a reminder that too many smug, self-righteous slanderers need to hear occasionally. <---- THAT was personal, don't take the bait.

I yield to the moderators' collective wisdom and their weighty club. <_<:P

Archived