Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nofear

Your Book Of Mormon Theory

I heard compelling arguments, while in graduate seminary, that the Jude of the NT was Jesus' brother,

and very likely even the "Judas" of the Gospel stories.

There is another strong tradition, that Thomas was Jesus' fraternal twin.

Interesting stuff...

Uncle "my favorite, as I have many times stated on this MB, was James, of course" Dale

Kind of shoots down the theory of the virgin birth, then doesn't it? Your graduate seminary must have been quite a place. Those guys got a kick out of spitting in the wind?

There is another strong tradition, that Thomas was Jesus' fraternal twin.

Kind of shoots down the theory of the virgin birth, then doesn't it?

Your graduate seminary must have been quite a place.

Those guys got a kick out of spitting in the wind?

?????????????????

Mary was still a virgin after she gave birth to Jesus?

She remained a virgin for the rest of her life?

She was unable to ever have any other children?

Fraternal twins must needs be fathered by the same sperm supplier?

Uncle "To a Nunnery go, and quickly too. Farewell!" Dale

I enjoyed the article, thanks for posting it.

Hope others will read it too. Maybe it'll give the nay-sayers an idea to use instead of the, "I don't know how the magic trick was done, but I know it was a magic trick," kind of response. After all, they tend to find that kind of response unacceptable from believing members.

That's not 'our' problem. The problem arises out of over 3900 changes that have been made to the Bom and the fact that JS said God gave him every word to write and then Joseph Fielding Smith said God gave JS every letter of every word to write. Both said they were speaking/writing under the inspiration and leadership of God. That is what we can't get past. How can God be so brainless as that and then be called, by JS too, All-Knowing, All-Powerful and every where present at the same time( Omnipresent)? Its an irreconcilable difference that makes the book a man-made fabrication or God a brain-dead idiot. I choose the former, what do you choose?

That's not 'our' problem. The problem arises out of over 3900 changes that have been made to the Bom and the fact that JS said God gave him every word to write and then Joseph Fielding Smith said God gave JS every letter of every word to write. Both said they were speaking/writing under the inspiration and leadership of God. That is what we can't get past. How can God be so brainless as that and then be called, by JS too, All-Knowing, All-Powerful and every where present at the same time( Omnipresent)? Its an irreconcilable difference that makes the book a man-made fabrication or God a brain-dead idiot. I choose the former, what do you choose?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

UD

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

UD

Well, maybe I missed something (looks like) but I was talking about this 'Your book of Mormon Theory' thread. Was something added to this thread that I missed? I thought others were speaking of their theories thus my comment. I was going off the first few pages of this thread and thought he/she was too.

Well, maybe I missed something (looks like) but I was talking about this 'Your book of Mormon Theory' thread. Was something added to this thread that I missed? I thought others were speaking of their theories thus my comment. I was going off the first few pages of this thread and thought he/she was too.

OK then ---

You might consider re-phrasing what you had to say (about textual changes and all)

but explain what you see there as being important ----- and why?

In this case, a shorter message might actually do better.....

UD

That said, however, their testimonies are extraordinarily impressive, and cannot simply be brushed aside

Sorry Dan,

You miss the boat here,

these testimonies are far less credible than Hoagland claiming "Mars Face" created by intelligent beings. At least (in that case) we see a picture, a geologically eroded picture, to make up our minds.

BoM tale has given us nothing but words and feebles, based on 19'th C. folklore. There is not a single trace of historicity or visual evidence to follow.